If you want to learn more about Club Docaster Sports College and what it is all about you have come to the right place! This page gives and glimpse of how it all began, and how we dedicated our joint efforts to making a difference is sports community through sport charity foundation that is very close to all of us.
Club Doncaster Sports College (formerly known as Doncaster Rovers Education) was set up in 2008 to engage post-16 learners in Doncaster and surrounding areas in education through the catalyst of sport. Expanding at an impressive rate, adding to our ranks with a team of fully qualified teachers, teaching assistants, and an impressive academy coaching team all based within our new College based at the Keepmoat stadium.
Our College facilities include five state of the art classrooms, a common room area with pool and ping pong tables for students to enjoy and our very own gym.
The College’s objectives are to; provide high quality, flexible and responsive courses that increase the participation of young people, develop pathways for progression enabling learners to further achieve qualifications and employment opportunities and enable learners to fulfil their potential through outstanding teaching, learning and assessment.
Our unique curriculum has been designed to give learners the opportunity to develop thier employment pathways within the sporting field. Students have the chance to develop their skills and knowledge through a curiculum built up of both vocational and academic qualifications. Additional training and qualifications are provided to accelerate the personal development of our students. All learners who do not achieve an A-C in their GCSE’s at school who are able to undergo further lessons and re-sit their exams in the hope to improve their grade.
A full-time study programme consists of choosing from five options of study:
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Sport and Leisure (includes Fitness Instructing Qualification)
- Active IQ Level 2 Diploma in Health & Fitness (includes Personal Training Qualification)
- BTEC Level 3 90 Credit / Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science
- HND Sport & Exercise Sciences
Along with learners having the opportunity to take part in the following:
- DRFC Foundation Football Academy – Up to 8 hours training sessions per week plus fixtures
- The Dons Foundation Rugby League Academy – Up to 6 hours training sessions per week plus fixtures
- Match day ball boy/girl duties
- 10 volunteer/work experience hours
- One week residential trip
- Overseas football tour (Football academy students only)Enrichment activities (Multi-sports inc; cricket, golf, ultimate frisbee, gym instruction, rugby, football etc.)
- Media training (e.g match day analysis, video and photography)
- English & Maths study and GCSE re-sits (if applicable)
- All students will receive a Doncaster Rovers FC season ticket
- All students will receive a Dons Rugby League season ticket
- Free student hooded top
- Specialist extra-curricular football / rugby training by ex pro’s Jan Budtz and Tim Ryan
- Player visits / training sessions
- Reduced training kit package
- Opportunity to be ball boys / girls on a match day
- Play on the first team pitch